50 Cool Wedding Ideas
I get to see some really cool stuff at the weddings I’m invited to photograph. I’ve seen so many great ideas and fun things, so I’ve decided to share some of them. Here are the first 50 cool wedding ideas for your wedding! I’ve compiled a collection of some of my favourite fun, funky and individual things I have seen that I hope to see again.
1. Knitwear for your cakes. Why not?
2. Handmade arty-hearty buttonholes
3. Dried flower bouquet
4. Blackboard noticeboard for your guests
5. Self serve honesty bar
6. Outdoor pizza ovens. Allow your guests to design and order their personal pizza recipes. Contact Lyme Day Field Kitchen for the best of this in the south West of England.
7. Jenga. Everytime.
8. Yurt retreat. Get away from the dancefloor and chill out in your own festival yurt.
9. Chairs for the group photos. Even when they’re done as fast and slick as we do it, it’s always nice to take a seat, relax with a drink and make it an enjoyable part of your day. 10. Outfits as favours for the little guests at your wedding
11. Cheese cake. A cake made of cheese. Actual cheese. Not cake. Just cheese. Lush!
12. Flipflops – especially if you’re expecting the weather to be scorching on your big day.
13. A suitcase for your cards. Just close it up and take it with you to open on your honeymoon!
14. A sweet stall. Just because. 15. A personalised wedding cake. This can become a real feature of the day.
16. Personalised gifts for your family and important friends.
17. Vintage jewelry.
18. Mis-matched crockery. You can hire this, or raid your town’s charity shops.
19. A cocktail caravan. Forget Coyote Ugly, contact The Cocktail Caravan and allow these fabulous girls mix things up at your wedding.
20. Knitted tablecloths. Add a touch of class.
21. Good old sponge. Add fruit if you’re feeling healthy.
22. Glass mason jar cocktail glasses.
23. Personalised crockery and place sets. You might not get this at your 500 resort hotel, but mix it up and make your guests feel special.
24. Dogs. I want to see dogs at every wedding in the future. They’re part of the family, they should be there. 25. Imaginative flower receptacles. Mason jars and whiskey bottles make excellent vases. 26. Craft ale table names, complete with pump badges. 27. Customised merchandise, it’s fun and will make a great souvenir for your guests. 28. Lighting. Don’t underestimate the importance of this. Contact Event Projection for expert advice. 29. Scrabble place setting – one for each guest – they also make for cool favours. 30. The Dukes Box! This is simply the best, most fun, most entertaining wedding band you could imagine. You choose the songs and they play them live, from inside the jukebox. Well, it’s a converted caravan really. It’s just the best! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvIbssdO2Ew 31. Love hearts. If a wedding doesn’t have them then something is missing! 32. A old black car. White cars are great, but surely you’ll agree the real style is in a black motor. 33. Arriving together. There is a very old British tradition of the bride being traded by the father on the wedding day. Breaking that tradition means you can spend some time together beforehand 34. Simple flower colours. Lavender is perfect for this, and cost effective too! 35. A Marching Band. Pink is preferable. My favourite bunch of guys is the Ambling Band in Bristol. 36. Using the chapel as your photo backdrop. Sometimes there’s no need to scout and find locations. Once your guests have left you’ll have the whole place to yourselves, why not make the most of it? 37. Felt based florals. Fun to make and create some amazing effects too! 38. Grand group shots making the most out of your surroundings. 39. Using steps for the ‘everyone in’ shot – makes a change from an upstairs window! 40. Graveyards make for great backdrops for photos. 41. Show off your tattoos – If you have great tattoos like Jess here, get them out and show them off! 42. Lollipop ladies – help signpost your guest around with these fun lollipop lady signs 43. A love parade – save on transport between venues and lead your guests on a love parade. You’ll get a great reaction from people on the street and passing traffic too! 44. Get some unique signs made up to add to your wedding theme! 45. A photowall with shots of all your friends and family. 46. CD ‘mix-tapes’ as wedding favours. Maybe make a couple of types to suit different tastes, but make sure it’s your favourite music – guests can take the party home with them! 47. A handmade, customised guest book 48. Cup cake wedding cake tower, but with jammie dodgers! 49. A massive Jammie Dodger Wedding cake? 50. Fun Costumes for your photobooth!